The second edition of the Monterosa Est Himalayan Trail is held in Macugnaga (VB) in Italy, under the highest wall in Europe, which aims to make the world of 4000 meters known not only to professional runners but also to mountain lovers.
The MEHT, with its 5 different distances, is aimed at runners of all levels. In addition to the slopes of the inimitable "EST wall", the route develops through the enchanting Anzasca Valley, trespassing into Switzerland, skirting two mountain lakes and reaching the typical Walser village of Macugnaga.
- 15K (1000m D +): "entry level" route for those with less experience, allows you to enjoy the history and beauty of the Walser country from all angles.
- 23K (1600m D +): path that passes under the EST of Monte Rosa, an exciting view experiencing the experience of running on high mountain trails.
- 38K (2900m D +): technical course, ideal for preparation for international trails, allows you to enjoy the grandeur of the "4,000 Swiss".
- 60K (4500m D +): a long route with a positive gradient of 4,500 m, passage on the Mattmark / Saas Almagell Dam and brow on the Monte Moro Pass. A very technical track with great emotions and excellent as training for the great Autumn Ultra Trail (Ex: UTMB® / Tor de Geants®).
- 38K + 22K (2900 m + 1600 m D +): the relay, an ideal choice for those who want to fully enjoy the event with a team challenge, a team work that allows you to capture the maximum of the sporting spirit.